The Ottawa Sports and Entertainment Group (“OSEG”), through its retail operating company Lansdowne Retail Limited Partnership, is requesting proposals from emerging and new businesses for a “pop-up shop” opportunity at Lansdowne.
OSEG recognizes the local business community, particularly in the hospitality and retail sectors, has faced considerable challenges over the course of the pandemic.
As OSEG and its retail partners at Lansdowne safely welcome guests this summer and return to our goal of attracting over 4 million visitors a year to our site, we wanted to present the Ottawa business community with an exciting retail leasing opportunity at Lansdowne.
Do you have an innovative business idea?
If you have an emerging local business or have a new business idea, you are invited to apply for an opportunity to lease highly sought-after retail space for a “pop-up shop” at Lansdowne. The leased premises will be approximately 1,000 – 1,500 sq. ft. at Lansdowne (exact location to be determined based on the proposal) for a term of 6 to 12 months.
Applicants whose proposals are selected may also have their business prominently featured in an OSEG-driven social media marketing campaign to assist in further establishing their business.
“This is a great opportunity for small businesses and individuals that might not have thought it possible to establish a business at Lansdowne. We are one of the Ottawa region’s top destinations for folks to eat, shop, and play, and I’m excited by the prospect of adding to that with some interesting new attractions that our guests will enjoy. We’re going to play an important role in bringing people back together and putting smiles back on faces.”
Mark Goudie, OSEG’s President, and CEO.
1,000 – 1,500 sq. at Lansdowne for your Business
Visitors a Year
Attractions a year
How does it work?
If you are interested in applying to the Pop-Up at Lansdowne Live, please complete and submit the form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm on July 15, 2021.
→ Proposal Form
→ Lease Form
→ Any additional documents relevant to your business and application (collectively, a “Proposal”)
Click to learn about the Evaluation Criteria
All Proposals will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
|Long Term Viability||20%|
The following factors will be taken into consideration:
- Overall soundness of the business plan, including the applicant’s experience, financial and operational requirements, as well as a marketing strategy.
- The applicant’s demonstrated understanding of sound retail operations and ability to efficiently and professionally carry out their Proposal.
- The uniqueness of the business concept, and whether the Proposal complements the existing Lansdowne retail mix.
- The long-term viability of the business concept. We want this opportunity to be a stepping stone that helps take your business grow now, and in the long term.
Click to learn about OSEG's Reserved Rights
- OSEG may accept any or all Proposals, including by waiving irregularities or technicalities. OSEG shall have the right to reject any or all Proposals, reject a Proposal not accompanied by the information required, or reject a Proposal which is in any way incomplete or irregular. OSEG retains the right to use any information contained within Proposals.
- Following the evaluation of Proposal submissions, OSEG may request interviews and presentations from the applicant. Failure to attend may disqualify an applicant from consideration. OSEG reserves the right to revise its Proposal requirements to incorporate information suggestions or changes proposed by any applicant without obligation to such applicants, it being understood and agreed that all information, suggestions, and changes proposed by applicants shall not be proprietary and may be used by OSEG.
- OSEG, through its leasing manager, intends to enter into lease negotiations with an applicant who submits a proposal that is in the financial and operational interests of OSEG. OSEG will determine, in its sole opinion, which applicant to select for lease negotiations if any. OSEG may enter into negotiations with an applicant on any or all aspects of its Proposal. If after a reasonable period of time OSEG and the applicant cannot agree on satisfactory terms, as determined at the discretion of OSEG, OSEG may enter into negotiations with another applicant. There is no obligation on the part of the OSEG to award a lease to the highest scored applicant, nor does this process commit OSEG to awarding any lease opportunity.
- OSEG is not responsible for any costs incurred in the preparation and presentation of the Proposal.
Timeline to Launch the Pop-Up at Lansdowne Live
Submission period opens
Deadline for submission
July 19 - 23
Interview with top applicants and selection
July 26 - August 13
Lease negotiation period
Tenant move-in period
Launch of promotional campaign
*Dates subject to change