Ottawa Sports and Entertainment Group includes of a number of companies, including: TD Place, the Ottawa REDBLACKS Football Club and Ottawa 67’s Hockey Club, and a partner of OSEG Foundation. For the purpose of this policy, unless indicated otherwise, all of the above companies are referred to as OSEG).
OSEG is dedicated to creating a ‘best in class’ destination for families and guests of all ages that offers unique sports and entertainment experiences and creates cherished memories. With our four core values of Teamwork, Integrity, Passion and Innovation we strive to create memorable experiences for all of our guests.
OSEG is committed to providing a respectful, welcoming, accessible, and inclusive environment in the provision of goods and services for customers, clients, and employees alike. OSEG will provide goods and services to people with disabilities in a manner that respects their dignity and independence, while assuring equality of opportunity and integration. Furthermore, such goods and services will be provided in accordance with the spirit and intent of all applicable legislation including the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA), the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, and the Ontario Building Code Act.
The following is a list of OSEG’s accessibility services, with additional policy details below:
• Assistive Devices and Systems (wheelchairs, assistive listening systems, sensory kits)
• Accessible Building
• Service Disruption
• Accessible Seating
• Service Animals
• Support Persons
• Transportation & Parking
OSEG is committed to providing fully accessible services to our guests at TD Place. Our Guest Services team is trained to communicate with people with disabilities in a clear and respectful manner, taking into account each person’s particular disability. When communicating by telephone with guests, we offer to use the relay service or to communicate by email, text or mail if telephone communication is not suitable for their needs or is not available. Hard and soft copies of this and other OSEG public policies are available in regular or large font, and may be mailed or emailed on request. All internet and web content conforms to the World Wide Web Consortium Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 at Level AA.
OSEG welcomes guests with disabilities to TD Place and encourages them to use their own personal assistive devices. OSEG will ensure employees are trained and are familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by any individuals with disabilities while accessing the goods or services in areas accessible to the public.
Wheelchairs: Our Guest Services team can provide wheelchair escorts for temporary transit within the TD Place venue. Guests requiring the use of an oxygen tank may bring it with them into the venue, though we ask that guests notify our Guest Services team so that we can determine if their current seat is the best accommodation for this assistive device.
Assistive Listening: OSEG also offers assistive listening during certain events at TD Place via the Audio Everywhere mobile phone app and the venue’s AODA WIFI. Please visit the Guest Services booth for assistance accessing this service. Please note that Assisted Listening is currently only available for certain sporting events at TD Place. Should you require Assisted Listening for any special event, please contact email@example.com a minimum of three weeks in advance of the event date to request an alternative solution.
Sensory Kits: OSEG offers kits with tools that reduce the stimulus often associated with sporting and entertainment events. Kits can be signed-out at any of our Guest Services booths free of charge, in exchange for a valid Driver’s License. The kits include: sunglasses, noise reducing earmuffs, fidget and sensory toys, and bacterial wipes.
Accessible Support Entrances are located at Gate 4 for Stadium events, and Gate 1 for Arena events at TD Place.
TD Place offers elevators, family washrooms for people with disabilities, as well as wheelchair accessible stalls in all washrooms.
OSEG will provide prompt notice to the public when there is a temporary disruption of access to facilities or goods and services usually used by our guests with disabilities. This notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated duration and a description of alternative facilities or goods and services that may be available. Notice of the disruption will be posted in multiple places including the Box Office, Guest Services booths and, where possible, at the point of disruption. When possible, disruptions that are known in advance will be posted online.
In the event of an emergency, emergency response procedures will be directed by venue representatives.
Accessible seats at TD Place may be purchased as a single ticket, or in a pair (see also: Support Person section below). Tickets may be purchased as follows:
• By phone: 613-232-6767. For season tickets or packages please call the Sales team by dialing Extension 1.
• By e-mail: by submitting your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• In-person: by visiting our Box Office located beside Gate 3.
Exchanging Standard Tickets for Accessible Seating:
• Season Seat Holder – Season Seat Holders looking to exchange their standard seat for an accessible seat should contact the Sales Team at 613-232-6767, Extension 1.
• Seats gifted from a Season Seat Holder – If a guest is given a ticket for a standard seat from a Season Seat Holder and is looking to exchange it for an accessible seat, the ticket holder should contact the Sales team at 613-232-6767, Extension: 1. Please note that we will require a permission/confirmation in writing from the Season Seat Holder in order to proceed.
• Seats purchased from TD Place Box Office – If a guest purchases a ticket for a standard seat through TD Place and is looking to exchange it for an accessible seat, the ticket holder should contact TD Place at 613-232-6767, Extension 1 to confirm availability.
• Seats purchased from a third party – If a guest purchases a ticket for a standard seat from a third party, or any other method that cannot be traced, and the ticket holder requires an accessible seat, an exchange or refund cannot be offered. These guests should contact TD Place Box Office directly at 613-232-6767, Extension 1 to inquire about the availability of an accessible seat to purchase.
All accessible seating will be based on availability and cannot be guaranteed. Please note, accessible seating will be released into the general pool of tickets that are available for sale forty-eight (48) hours before any event.
OSEG welcomes guests with disabilities and their service animals to TD Place. Service animals may accompany the guest in any areas open to the general public. To ensure the safety of our guests and their service animals, we require that they be seated in an accessible seating section.
OSEG welcomes support persons for guests with disabilities to TD Place. All guests entering the venue, including those acting as a support person, are required to hold a valid ticket. Tickets for a support person will be charged according to standard event pricing. If a guest and their support person come to an event and have tickets in different sections, our Guest Services team will do their best to relocate them to a location where they can be seated together. In certain situations, including for general health and safety, OSEG may require that the person with a disability be accompanied by a support person in order to access the premises.
Please note OSEG is participating in the Easter Seals Access 2 Program, which grants one (1) free admission to a support person accompanying a guest with disabilities, provided the support person presents a valid Access 2 card and supporting personal identification. For more information, please contact the Sales team as set out in the Accessible Seating section above.
TRANSPORTATION & PARKING
In collaboration with OC Transpo and STO, OSEG is pleased to provide accessible Park & Shuttle and Take Transit service on all routes to TD Place, and will drop off and pick-up on Bank Street near Gate 1, which is a designated Accessible Support Entrance location.
During major events at TD Place, additional parking spaces near elevator lobbies within the underground garage for guests who require accessible parking. The designated Para Transpo and Taxi pick-up/drop-off zones are located at our Accessible Support Entrances, near Gate 4 for stadium events, and Gate 1 for arena events. Our Guest Services team are also at those locations to provide assistance to guests.
TD Place is happy to provide wheelchairs to transport guests that may require assistance to and from their mode of transport and their seats upon arrival at TD Place. A member of our Guest Services team can meet guests at our Accessible Support Entrance located at Gates 1 (Arena) or Gate 4 (Stadium) to ensure they receive the appropriate attention. Please note, due to the limited number of wheelchairs, guests are not able to remain seated in a TD Place wheelchair for the entire event. TD Place does not provide wheelchair rentals. If you would like to arrange for a wheelchair escort or to have a member of our Guest Services team assist you in getting to your seats, please contact us at least twenty-four (24) hours prior to your arrival at 1-844-FAN-INFO (1-844-326-4636) or by email email@example.com.
OSEG works to ensure that our Guest Services team, our Sales team, the staff of all third parties operating within TD Place, as well as those who are involved in the development of corporate policies, practices and procedures, have received training on serving our guests with disabilities.
Training, provided in print and through video sessions, covers the following:
• A review of the purposes of the AODA and the requirements of its Customer Service Standard, and related OSEG policies and practices.
• How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disability.
• How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or the assistance of a support person.
• How to use equipment or devices available at the venue that may help with the provision of goods or services to a person with a disability. OSEG team members that assist with motorized vehicles and wheelchairs will receive additional training on specific handling procedures.
• What to do if a person with a particular type of disability is having difficulty accessing the goods or services provided by OSEG.
This training will be provided as part of our pre-season training program each year. For all staff members that join our team after this point, this training will be provided within the new hire training class, any may be provided in a way that best suits the duties and job functions of the employees. Ongoing training will be provided with respect to any changes to OSEG policies, practices and procedures.
FEEDBACK & QUESTIONS
Feedback or questions about this policy can be provided to our Guest Services team in the method preferred by the guest:
• In person during an event at an Guest Services booth
• By phone by dialing 1-844-FAN-INFO (1-844-326-4636)
• Email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Online at https://www.tdplace.ca/contact-us/
• Fan-info texting during ticketed events at 613-777-6759
• By mail to:
Attention: Guest Services
1015 Bank Street
Ottawa ON K1S 3W7
OSEG is dedicated to providing a respectful, welcoming, accessible, and inclusive environment in the provision of goods and services for customers, clients, and employees alike. OSEG welcomes feedback on all issues, especially related to the way we provide goods and services to people with disabilities. All feedback and comments will be directed to the appropriate department for review and replied to within seven (7) days.
Updated: September 18 2023