Drive-Through Bottle Drive supporting OSEG Foundation
The Ottawa REDBLACKS and the OSEG Foundation are proudly teaming up to host the first-ever Drive-Through Bottle Drive on Saturday July 11, starting at 9AM.
With Canada Day, weekends, and other summer-inspired celebrations, the Ottawa REDBLACKS have a goal to engage their fans to help those in need. Fans can bring their empty bottles and cans to TD Place outside of Gate 3 from 9AM to 2PM on July 11 to help raise funds for the OSEG Foundation and the Ottawa Food Bank. Proceeds will support OSEG Foundation’s Return2Play COVID-19 Youth Sports Recovery Fund and will help the Ottawa Food Bank to provide emergency food relief to people in need in our city.
OSEG Foundation’s Return2Play COVID-19 Youth Sports Recovery Fund was established to support the post pandemic return of youth sports in our community and to assist families and youth sports organizations facing additional barriers to participation as a result of COVID-19.
REDBLACKS players and OSEG Foundation ambassadors Alex Mateas, Nick Arbuckle and Ettore Lattanzio will be on site helping with the sorting and signing autographs to be slipped through the crack of vehicle windows to thank donors for their contributions.
So we invite you to enjoy responsibly this Canada Day Holiday, and consider saving your empties for a great cause.
What can you do to help? – Planning Your Visit
The Bottle Drive will be set up as a drive-through system enabling continuous flow of traffic and allow for contactless bottle and can donations. Please note that we are dedicated to keeping our event staff and donors safe while accepting container donations. To ensure everyone’s safety, we recommend donors consider the following steps to ensure you have a safe and quick experience:
- Before visiting the Drive-Through Bottle Drive we ask you to please consider rinsing and organizing your empty containers at home. Please put the containers in clear plastic bags if possible.
- Please sort your returns and separate all containers into different bags where possible in the following categories:
- Separate all cans from each other.
- Separate all wine & liquor bottles from beer bottles
- Beer bottles, liquor bottles and beer cans are welcome.
- Please note: We are not taking other tin/aluminum cans (Pop cans, beans, peaches, etc)
- Sort beer bottles by brown, clear and green glass
- Load your vehicle with the containers.
- Drive over to TD Place for the Drive Through Bottle Drive. Upon arrival, follow signage directing you to the empty return zone.
- Please remain in your vehicle at all times. When instructed by event staff, please open your trunk, or signal to our staff which door can be opened to access your empty containers.
- Your donation is now complete, please follow guided instructions to safely drive away from the site.
To ensure the safety of our staff, we kindly ask that you return glass bottles in their original cardboard box packaging
Lastly, donors are encouraged to wear face coverings over their nose and mouth as added safety measure, and remain in their vehicle at all times.